Wednesday, June 15, 2016

What if

I can't seem to connect my heart to my mouth. It detours through my fears and flaws. I feel it congest and clog. Well up in my chest and seep through my core. The poison around me triggers rebellion. But the cage stays. Instead of fighting monsters, I battle shame. What can I change? I see what is wrong. We all do. We feel the rush of the Hero in our veins yet wait for our queue. I want to run my mouth straight from the river of my heart and pour out my soul. Though here I wait. Asking for permission. Praying maybe the world will crave what they can not taste. Fuck your pallet. If you don't like the drink, prepare to swim. For this ocean is coming. If I can figure the secret to change what I fear. From: What if it doesn't? To: What if I cared?

No comments:

Post a Comment